It’s been awhile since I’ve done a “Things I Love” Sunday. My theme is “The Cranky Housewife” because that’s pretty much how I feel this week. Negative Nancy has been appearing at the Daisy, Roo and Two home regularly this past week. So welcome to the first sarcastic “Things I Love” Sunday on Daisy, Roo and Two.
For today’s purposes, my sarcasm will look like this. So, here we go:
1. I love that when my 2 year old refused to eat the home-made pizza her father slaved over all afternoon, rather than saying “Pizza or nothing” as is the rule, he asked a 2 year old: “What would you like for dinner?” She chose yogurt, weetbix and CAKE. Yessiree, dinner of champions, that cake mixed with BREAKFAST! What I actually do love about this is that she ATE IT ALL. Either afraid of the wrath of Mum, or content with her own delicious choices, she gobbled it all up and brought her bowl to me so I could scrape the yogurt away from the sides for her. Moodi Mumma’s hubby suggested that it was a “3 course meal without the wait.” Good call MM’s Hubby, good call.
2. I love that the air is so damp and cold it is taking my washing two days to dry. I mean, it’s totally OK, Weather. Please. Continue your glorious reign of washing terror. It’s not like I have four loads of washing to do on a normal, sunny day and you are holding me up or anything. And yes, I have a dryer. I also have an electricity bill that could fell Goliath if I screwed it up and threw the paper ball at him.
3. I love that I only got two hours total sleep last night. Dear Toothfairy, if you can take away old, abandoned teeth without children noticing, leaving monetary goodness behind, could you be so kind as to not make it so painful for my 2 year old to get her three year old molars? Your biggest fan, Daisy. Last night found me massaging Roo’s cheek and drugging her to the gills. She still only slept in half hour increments. And then there were still twins waking twice each to contend with. The little darlings!
4. I love the mood I am in this week. No, really. It’s totally great. I LOVE feeling like I could literally snap, run through a wall (leaving a Daisy shaped cut-out in the fibro walls, no doubt, which would be large) and keep on running. Oh bad mood, Negative Nancy and all things that piss me off, GET LOST!
|Like this, but less brick and more fibro. Image from here
5. I love that Pal’s allergy to any kind of cleaning is leaving me playing a constant game of catch up. Paul, I love you darling, but would it really be so hard to take the rubbish out? Oh, sorry, I forgot. You are the MAN and as such you WORK all day so that I can sip tea and talk about what a great hulk of a man you are. Well, the talking about Pal is true, at least.
6. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE that I have ruined the boys’ birthday outfits due to a massive red colour run. I’ve used Dylon and napisan, and have salvaged the bottom halves of their clothes. The shirts were not so lucky. There was also blue dye-runnage, but the Dylon fixed that. I may have cried. Twice. It’s fine. Pink blotchy clothes are totally in for 1 year old boys this winter. I am the queen of fashion so I should know.
7. I love that it doesn’t matter how much you give and give and give some people, stand up for them against all odds and put yourself in a black hole over it, that they still think it’s OK to judge, nitpick and just make you feel like a huge mong in general. Really, what are friends for? Didn’t I tell you there’s a sign outside my front door that says: Abrasiveness and judgement welcome, please take off your shoes?
8. I love that Negative Nancy has managed to mong up something I really used to like doing. Things I Love Sunday will forever be tarnished. But it’s the truth, and it’s cathartic, and this blog was started with an honesty policy. See Pal, therapy!
These are Things I Love for real:
9. I love that even though she had a god-awful night herself, Roo has spent the day standing on one side of the room, calling out “Muuuummmyyyy!”, and when I turn around with a “Yes, Rory” runs full pelt, arms flung wide, towards me. For a cuddle. Just because.
10. I love that despite Negative Nancy coming out to play, My Bestie Amelia has listened to every bitch, every whine and every moan this week, without so much as a “get over yourself” or an “I told you so”. God love that woman, because I do.