I’ve been tagged by Lolly to tell you 10 things you DIDN’T want to know about me, so I’ve chosen 10 things you didn’t want to know about my morning so far:
1. I have changed two poosplosions, one poo-saster and three more packages of death. This has created an entire load of washing within a 2 hour period. Awesome.
2. In one of the many costume changes this morning, Oscar has ended up with an inside out clip up singlet and pink tights underneath a grey wondersuit which I now realise wasn’t in my mountain of folding, it was in the mountain of “Return To’s” that has now merged into the mountain of folding. Thanks for the lend, Charlie!
3. I chose a Dora DVD over the “cheevies” (Roo speak for Fairies, and by Fairies she means the sequel to Fern Gully, which is actually an atrocious piece of children’s entertainment and deserves all the scratches it gets).
4. I had a massive headache when the children woke up I woke up and had not been drinking the night before. Why do I always feel like I have a hangover on Sundays when I haven’t been drinking at all, let alone over indulging?
5. I have a shameful secret. I use Homebrand baby wipes.
6. I am realizing that my morning has been so much about poo that it’s all I’m really talking about. Lucky I’m running a Huggies Nappy Pants Giveaway, right?
7. I just got really cranky at Roo for yelling in my ear when the Headache That Could just won’t quit, so instead of yelling back at her I took her by the hand and walked her to the kitchen to put her in front of the lunch she was yelling at me that she “Don’t Want It!”
I feel all zen and best mum EBBER right now. It’ll last about five minutes.
8. I find it ridiculously unhelpful to only help someone halfway. It sounds ungrateful, but let me explain. My Bestie Amelia always says: “It’s not helping if it’s not done properly.” This relates to this morning when Pal pulled the pram out of the car so I could take the children for a walk (if they ever stop the explosive bowel movements), but didn’t pull out the toddler seat as well. This rendered his effort useless and unhelpful to me. Sometimes “at least he tried” is a lovely sentiment, but doesn’t make me feel better.
9. I managed to brush my teeth before 10am today. Lolly will be pleased.
10. I know how to get to Coney Island. You go over the Strawberry Mountain and across the Chocolate Lake. If Swiper doesn’t steal your boat made of chocolate first. “C’mon let’s get to it, I know that we can do it! Get. Some. Ice cream!”
And we wonder why there’s a child obesity epidemic…
Right, I’ve gotta tag some other crazies bloggers to tell us 10 things we didn’t want to know.
What don’t we want to know about you? Do you have a tendency to overshare?