Here are the Things I Know this week:
- I am addicted to blue eyeshadow. Pal will probably stage an intervention soon. Or just let me use it all until I run out. Either way, it matches my pram Precious and is getting quite a workout.
- I am a woman about town! Yes, yes I am. I even took the kids for a walk on Wednesday just because I could. No other reason. They were restless, I was restless and I have Precious and so off we went.
- A park with equipment that is smaller and more toddler friendly, and fenced in, is totally worth an extra 15 minutes walk. Sitting and drinking a coffee whilst one’s child plays in relative safety is bliss, rather than attempting to catch one’s two year old who is determined to dive headfirst down the Evil Knievel death spiral slide at the park only 5 minutes walk away.
|Ta-daaaa! Also, Precious is there in the background. Complete with one of her occupants sticking a foot out to get some sun.|
- Two and a half year olds like dirt. And bark. And picking up dirt and bark and throwing it to the wind in an effort to recreate the “Colours of the Wind” scene from Pocahontas. It never looks like Pocahontas. It does make Mummy cranky. I may have considered undressing her in public so as not to dirty up my Precious for the return home.
- Roo associates visits to her father at work with biscuits and chocolates. I know this because while we were there, she ran to the right aisle and picked from the right shelf the Freddo Frog she was requesting. Whilst holding an M&M’s cookie in each hand. Then got in a shiz mood at me when I wouldn’t let her have the Freddo or the second biscuit. Not because I didn’t want her to have too much sugar, but because I didn’t want her to dirty Precious.
- I am somewhat more worried about getting Precious dirty than I am my child getting dirty. Natural immunity and all that, right?
What do you know this week?